Tuesday 24th April 2018
The “Deutsche Gesellschaft für das Badewesen” “German Society for Bathing” was founded in 1897 by the heads and directors of public bathrooms. Through the years the name of the society was changes so many times from the first “Association of German Bathing Professionals” by "German Society for Public Baths" and “Federal Trade Association Public Baths” to be as now from January 2010. Since that day the trade is association and advocate of public baths whose operators, planners, manufacturers and all institutions and organizations in the area of the bath industry for Bathing.
The members of the German Society for Bathing come from different areas of the bath industry:
- Hotel, joint ventures and companies bathrooms
- Commercial and industrial enterprises and institutions with respect to both the public and the private bathing
- Persons from the civil service with function in bathing or for other areas of the bath industry
- Architects, engineers and other professionals in bath industry
- Teams that operate bathrooms
- Organizations that are active in the area of the bath industry, such as the Federal Association of German swimming champion, the German Association for Swimming Pools and Wellness, the Association of Companies in the Gas and Water, the German Lifeguard Association, the German Sauna and the VDB Physiotherapy Association.
The publications of the “Deutsche Gesellschaft für das Badewesen e. V.” (DGfdB) have an excellent reputation among experts and, from a technical point of view, can be put on pair with the DIN standards. That is why they are an indispensable prerequisite for the safe construction and operation of public bath. Lists of tested cleaning agents, suitable for public baths, are published in regular intervals.